WHY ARE WE LAUNCHING THE REDEEMER SCHOOL OF MINISTRY?
When Jesus saw the crowds, he had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.” (Matthew 9:36-38) Jesus loves people. He leads us and inspires us to have compassion for others. He puts us in his harvest fields to bring people to Christ. RSOM lives to develop followers of Jesus to fulfill God’s call to the Great Commission. We grow missionaries to serve locally and internationally. We encourage believers to go to the next level in their relationships with the Lord.
WHAT IS YOUR NEXT LEVEL?
- Are you ready to study the Bible and ministry at the college level?
- RSOM offers powerful classes to advance your knowledge and skill. Are you ready to take steps to fulfill God’s call on your life to ministry?
- RSOM internships will develop you with mentoring, ministry, and study to prepare you. Are you ready to pursue a degree in ministry? RSOM makes it possible for you to earn an accredited Bachelor or Masters without leaving the area.
- Is to see every believer engaged in their gifting and calling and anointing from God.
- To see the regional refugee and international communities powerfully impacted with the Gospel.
- To see people equipped to reach the highest levels of growth in Christ.
- To see the multiplication of missionary outreach to people groups locally and internationally. To see people trained with both the Truth of the Bible and the Power of the Holy Spirit.
OUR MISSIONS FOCUS
This region is both a fertile training ground for missions and a fruitful missions field. We are focusing on missions and expect to develop people as effective missionaries who can serve the international communities here and also be sent to the people groups of the whole world.
Here, you’ll find more information about our RSoM faculty. Meet Your Instructors.
Register now for the 2019 Spring semester below
Spring 2019 Semester
Semester: February 25 – May 20.
Cost: $150 per class
Cost: $100 per simulcast class for remote campuses such as Albany and Syracuse.
– If you’re married and you register for a “leadership credit” course, once you’ve paid for your tuition, your spouse can also take the course along with you for free. Please have your spouse use the discount code spouseonly when registering.
– There is no couples/spouse discount if you’re taking a course for RSoM/college credit. Please be sure to register each individual separately.
– If you’re taking a course via simulcast, use the discount code simulcast when registering for $50 off of your tuition cost. There is no additional simulcast discount if you’re already utilizing the spouseonly discount code.
New Testament Survey
Old Testament Survey Syllabus
Dr. Mike Webster: This is an introduction to the books, backgrounds, settings, and history, culture, and content of the 27 books of the New Testament. This is a beginning Bible course. The textbook for this course will be “Encountering the New Testament” 3rd Edition by Walter A. Elwell and Robert W. Yarbrough. Dr. Mike Webster teaches this course. Video simulcast available to other campuses like Albany and Syracuse.
Monday – RSoM/College Credit | 6:30-9:00pm from February 25 to May 20, 2019 | $150
Monday – Leadership Credit Only | 6:30-9:00pm from February 25 to May 20, 2019 , 2019 | $100
The Kingdom of God
Kingdom of God Syllabus
Pastor Jim Synakowski: We will discuss the church, Holy Spirit, eschatology, the miraculous, already-not yet, etc. This is a systematic theology course. The textbook for this course will be “Bible Doctrine” by Wayne Grudem. Pastor Jim Synakowski will teach this course. Video simulcast available to other campuses like Albany.
Wednesday – RSoM/College Credit | 6:30-8:30pm from February 27 to June 5, 2019 | $150
Wednesday – Leadership Credit Only | 6:30-8:30pm from February 27 to June 5, 2019 | $100
The Holy Spirit and You
The Holy Spirit and You Syllabus – A mini course for five weeks beginning April 4
Dr. Mike Webster: We’ll discuss and learn about entering and enjoying life in the Spirit, how to understand and express the supernatural work of God, etc. This is a practical course. The textbook for this course will be “The Holy Spirit and You” by Dennis and Rita Bennett. Mike Webster will teach this course. (Not available for video simulcast.)
Thursday – Utica Campus Only – Simulcast NOT Available| 6:30-9:00pm from April 4 to May 2, 2019 | $50
Below, you’ll find the syllabi for New Testament Survey, and Kingdom of God.
Here is a link to a site that includes the course syllabi, the textbook links, etc. – https://spirit-word.org/rsom-info.html
TOUR OF ISRAEL
Introduction to the Holy Land, history, the ministry of Jesus, culture, and experiencing the setting of the Bible.
This is a history, archeology, geography, and culture Bible course. Anyone who completes this tour may submit a report for RSOM credit.
Here is the link to register and get more info on this exciting tour: https://spirit-word.org/israel-tour.html
If you have any questions about the Redeemer School of Ministry, please contact us.